Nigeria can be the best country if good leadership skills are employed by the leaders. The author discusses the Solutions to the leadership problems in Nigeria.
This book provides for the reader:
– An excellent perspective on the early historical origins and political development of Nigeria.
– Solutions to the leadership question Nigeria has been struggling with since independence.
– It destroys the myth that leadership is Nigeria’s only problem.
– It points out the role of responsible followership in building a great nation.
– It shows why democracy has not worked in Africa and what needs to be done for it to work.
– It points out reasons why strong men (messiahs) cannot solve the problem of Nigeria and African nations.
– It makes a case for building strong institutions and systems as the key to eradicating corruption and leadership failure.
– It posits that wrong values are at the root of our national problems and challenges both for leaders and followers to imbibe good values.
– It enjoins citizens not to abdicate the responsibility of their country to the leaders alone, but must themselves accept the responsibility for their nation.
– It also shows examples of proactive Nigerians that are taking responsibility to build a better Nigeria.